Pablo’s work focuses on the implementation of a wide range of consulting assignments, covering trade negotiations, trade policy, value chains and monitoring and evaluation.
International Trade Policy & Negotiations, Policy Formulation, E-commerce, Monitoring & Evaluation.
Pablo focuses on trade negotiations, policy, and strategy formulation within the consulting arm of the company.
Since joining the company in 2015, Pablo has worked on a wide variety of projects, involving a range of international organisations and donors, including the International Trade Centre (ITC), UNCTAD, the European Commission, GIZ, DFID, the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, SADC Secretariat, and private sector, among others.
Pablo has significant professional experience in issues related to international trade, having assisted Sub-Saharan African countries promote intra-regional trade, raise trade competitiveness, and advise on e-commerce and digital trade. He has been involved in the development of trade policy reports for a number of Sub-Saharan Countries, such as Botswana, Mauritius and Comoros, and has also actively participated in the development of a number of National Export Strategies across the world, such as in the Ukraine, Curacao, Mongolia, etc. Pablo has also contributed to a number of global aid for trade evaluations in the area of trade facilitation, export promotion and policy support. Pablo provides strategic advice to companies in their global expansion efforts by analysing market opportunities and providing legal advice on the company’s operational activities.
Below are some of Pablo’s most recent advisory work for clients:
- Analysing the implications of Free Trade Agreements for the private sector, such as the Mauritius-India FTA, the African Continental Free Trade Area, EU and UK Economic Partnership Agreements, etc.
- Devising market access and investment strategies for multinational companies, identifying sectors with potential for trade and investment in Africa.
- Identifying commercial and investment opportunities between Africa and Asia through recent trade and investment framework agreements.
- Supporting international trade negotiation teams to negotiate trade agreements.
- Investigating barriers to trade in Central Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- Analysing the role of legislation and regulation in the adoption of e-commerce by the private sector across Africa and Asia-Pacific.
Pablo holds a Bachelor in Law and a LLM in International Economic Law and Policy (IELPO LLM) from the University of Barcelona, and a Masters in Legal Practice (Master de Acceso a la Abogacia) from Catalonia’s Open University.
- Native in Spanish and Catalan.
- Fluent in English.